Saturday, April 24, 2010

OMG, not a post about poker!

The other day I was spending some time with Molly and the topic of health insurance came up.  I'm officially uninsured June 15th (which reminds me, I guess I should look into private "Oh Shit" insurance, but, I digress...).  She asked me how I planned to handle that.

In reality, I hope to have a job on the horizon by then, so hopefully this will not be such a big deal.  Furthermore, I'm relatively healthy.  I've only been to the hospital twice in my life, both due to my own klutziness.  I don't have any pre-existing conditions or medication I need to take for anything.  The only pill I take on a daily basis is my birth control.  And therein lies the rub.

I told Molly the primary reason I want health insurance is so I don't have to pay $50/month for something that all women should have affordable access to.  Right now I pay $5/month.  A few years ago when I was working a 9 to 5-er, I paid $2.50/month.  But $50/month for basic birth control pills?  Why?  ¡Que ridículo



No comments:

Post a Comment