Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Worst play in poker

Image006sy9

<h/t to E for the picture>

It seems recently I have run into more glass tappers than I ever have before in playing.  It doesn't matter if it's live or online, people are tapping (or more like smashing with those emergency glass breaker things). 

A few days ago online someone actually started trying to teach.  It got so bad that I asked them what the heck they were doing and the guys said: "I want him to play better."

Do you realize how idiotic this is?  How the heck is anyone supposed to make any money based on skillful play if the idiot at the table suddenly stops being so much of an idiot.  This is poker 101; you make money based on others' mistakes.

Alternately, please don't make fish at the table feel unwelcome.  Putting someone on tilt as part of your game is one thing, but when you do it so much they leave the game, your hands are in my wallet.  Please get them out.



3 comments:

  1. Exactly right. Why do you think I left the Pink game? Too many people telling me how horrible I was, and too many people tilting me by acting like such a**holes on purpose. They lost the game at least two racks or so that I'd donate every time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keenan made me leave the 30 percent game.....called my fishy game out. Just kidding.
    Maybe.

    ReplyDelete