Wednesday, February 7, 2007

More Legislating Common Sense

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/02/07/nyc.ipod.reut/index.html



Many people who know me know that I am completely opposed to cell phone while driving bans.  To sum up my opposition, talking on cell phones is something like 15th on the list of things that cause accidents.  I very strongly believe that if the government is going to ban the use of cell phones while driving they should also ban eating while driving, conversing with the passengers in your car while driving, changing the channel on the radio while driving, etc.  Of course, legislating those things sounds ridiculous to most people.  But I digress. 



Anyways, it appears that a NY Senator is trying to ban the use of ipod while crossing the street (see article linked above)!  When will the government stop trying to legislate common sense?  It doesn't work.  Maybe instead they should try to pass a law mandating people look both ways before crossing the street (obviously I am being sarcastic). 



No comments:

Post a Comment