Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hem

I recently started listening to Hem, probably best known by most people for their song "Half Acre" which is featured in a Liberty Mutual ad that started airing earlier this year.  I normally cringe when I hear music I have already found and like used in ads (especially, for example, the horrible Of Montreal shill for Outback Steakhouse that you have undoubtedly herad recently.  Yuck.), but I have to admit *sometimes* ads introduce me to new music that is good. 



The album that "Half Acre" is on (Rabbit Songs) is a few years old, but Hem actually now also has a new album out "Funnel Cloud" which is really good.  (They also have a few other albums which I have not yet listened to).  I highly recommend it.  Hem is one of those groups that is really difficult to categorize, but they are sort of country, folksy, and pop/rock all at the same time.  Their singer, Sally Ellyson, has a *fantastic* floaty voice.  Anyways, most people I know would like this band, so you might want to check them out.



No comments:

Post a Comment