Sunday, February 13, 2005

Mid-Atlantic Laptop Battle

Last night I went to the Mid-Atlantic Laptop
Battle
at DC9.  Quite an experience. 
There were a couple of dj's that really rocked, but quite frankly, I was a
little disappointed at the caliber of people that were there.  Some of the
dj's flat out sucked.  And, at a few points I was left wondering what the
judges were thinking.  I guess it's hard for me to be objective about
electronica when there are some genres I really don't care for.  For $6
though, I'm certainly not complaining.



Never having been to a laptop battle before, I wasn't sure quite what
to expect.  They are apparantly much bigger on the west coast, which is a
shame, since we have plenty of amateur dj talent here on the east coast
too.  Hopefully they'll have more of these around here in the future.  I
had a good time, but I left wishing I had bought that "more
cowbell"
t-shirt I saw a few weeks ago.  It would have been the
perfect shirt to wear. (Note: When I first saw this t-shirt some of my
friends didn't get the reference.  If you are clueless, click here to
read more about one of the funniest SNL skits.)
 



Last
5 songs played on my iPod:

Young Americans - David
Bowie


Mas Que Nada - Sergio
Mendes and Brasil '66


Fixing a Hole - The
Beatles

Sunrise - Duran
Duran

Block Rockin' Beats - Chemical
Brothers



No comments:

Post a Comment