Saturday, November 4, 2006

Musical Comfort Food

Not sure why, but around this time of year I always start waxing nostalgic.  Perhaps it is my upcoming birthday, or maybe it is a holdover from Syracuse - I associate colder weather with the oncoming 6 months of depression due to living in the cold dark north.  :)



Anyways, I have been delving deep into some of my cd's that have not been listened to in awhile.  Like old friends, they always make me feel good.  And they always make me think of times past. 



If you are reading this blog and you are older than me you might know the Paul Butterfield Blues Band.  If you are my age (or if you are younger and you don't know what albums or even *liner notes* are), you probably don't know them.  One of my friends in college used to throw these parties where he would spin the vinyl of Paul Butterfield Blues Band's eponymous album while we all danced around his living room drinking wine from a box and cheap beer from the keg in the back yard.  Good times.  Parties like that are fewer and farther between these days (boo!), though at least now we have all upgraded our alcohol selection.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment